IT Support Specialist is Responsible for providing comprehensive IT support and technical functions required supporting the different Units . The individual will Performs a variety of complex information technology support duties to ensure smooth delivery of technology services. Monitors, operates, coordinates, assists and trains others in the operation of computer hardware, software, and peripherals in order to achieve desired result.
– Troubleshoots, repairs and maintenance for computer equipment (e.g. microcomputers, disk drives, and laser printers) tests personal computers and peripherals on a network to diagnose, hardware versus software problems.
– Deliver proactive onsite support and knowledge transfer to the customers.
– Administrate Active directory users, Exchange users management, SCCM system (Servers and users side), Citrix cloud computing and apps, Print management solution (Server and users Side).
– Manage and Produce the university Hardware Standards Technical specifications, for Tendering Purpose, preparing technical studies, technical reports for the purchased IT equipment’s.
– Supervise the photocopiers maintenance orders, prepare technical specifications, studies, reports.
– Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks.
– Acts as a customer liaison for the computing operation, communicating, resolving, and/or initiating the resolution of problems and concerns.
– Develops and tests complex user documentation; works with hardware vendors to resolve equipment failures/problems.
– May perform routine security checks on the system.
– Participate in complex technical projects.
– Contributes to unit goals by accomplishing related duties as required. May have budgetary responsibility for purchasing IT equipment and monitoring within a prescribed budget.
– Serves as technical resource to unit.
– Designs and produces moderately complex reports.
– Talking staff/clients through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone.
– Replacing parts as required.
– Routine Maintenance:
• Installing/configuring new computers/telephones.
• Repairing/upgrading PC and Mac hardware and software.
• Troubleshooting printers/scanners/copiers.
• Maintaining inventory of equipment and supplies (cables, adapters, etc.).
– Confer with staff, users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications.
– Develop training materials and procedures, and/or train users in the proper use of hardware and software.
– Prepare evaluations of software or hardware, and recommend improvements or upgrades.
– Read trade magazines and technical manuals, and attend conferences and seminars to maintain knowledge of hardware and software.
– Supervise and coordinate workers engaged in problem-solving, monitoring, and installing data communication equipment and software.
– Supporting the roll-out of new applications.
– Setting up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues.
– Responding within agreed time limits to call-outs.
– Prioritizing and managing many open cases at one time.
– Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers and other professionals.
– Testing and evaluating new technology.
– Conducting safety checks on computer equipment.
– Coordinates closely with the UITS helpdesk.
– Supports technical needs of conferences.
– Supports the development and maintenance of department websites.
– Provides workshops for students, faculty and staff.
– Oversight and management of a 24x7x365 environment which may require some off shift work. This position will also require on-call response to incidents as necessary.
– Responsible to adhere with all information security policies and procedures of the University.
– Other duties as assigned.
– Excellent Communication Skills both verbal and written
– MCITP 2008 or MCSE 2003.
– Excellent understand of Active directory and Microsoft Infrastructure Technology.
– Good understand of Tenders procedures and documentations.
– Good understanding of Microsoft and desktop applications, PC hardware and peripherals, PC operating systems and application software.
– Familiarity with LAN network protocols and client-server business applications.
– Good understanding of Microsoft active directory delegated domain administration.
– Ability to systematically troubleshoot complex problems.
– Bachelor Degree in IT related field.
– 3-6 years’ experience in an IT support role.
– Citrix Training.
– ITIL Foundation.
– Mac OS Support.
– Helpdesk Analyst Training.
– End-user infrastructure technical trainings.
|Job Category||Information Technology|
|Salary Range||0 - 0|
|Experience||1 - 2 years|